CLASSIFIED | POLITICS | TERRORISM | OPINION | VIEWS





 .
 .

 .
 .
.
 

Nordic Truce Monitors Have Apparently Used the AFP(Associated Foreign Press) For This Blatant Accusation Which Sounds Like Pro LTTE Propaganda.

© Sunil Kumara ~ Popular Front Against Terrorism In Sri Lanka (PFATISL )for LankaWeb - 30th August 2006

Representatives of the Nordic Truce Monitors have used the foreign media AFP for having the nerve to make this blatantly obtuse and incorrect accusation against the Sri Lankan Armed Forces! This is very apparent and obviously biased pro LTTE propaganda for which the Nordic truce monitors have been famous for all the time they were involved in Sri Lanka's peace process!You cannot make statements like this to the world, which are non clarifiable and unqualified where there is every reason to have all of you kicked out of Sri Lanka for this affront to the Democratic Republic of Sri Lanka where according to your rationale, even unconscionable innuendo is worth a try in order to broadcast false propaganda and make the LTTE seem like a legitimate entity! You need to be challenged to prove these accusations with tangible evidence not speculation based on concocted hearsay!You speak of "highly reliable sources" so who are they? why the wish washy stuff here and the surreptitious nature of the accusations and is there something you are unprepared to reveal which will prove the false nature of your accusations?When you allege most irresponsibly that ~ quote

"The views have not proved contradictory and the security forces of Sri Lanka are widely and consistently deemed to be responsible for the incident.

"Taking into consideration the fact that the security forces had been present in Muttur at the time of the incident, it appears highly unlikely to blame other groups for the killings."~ end quote!

You know as well as all those discerning Sri Lankans both within and without the administration that this is an attempt to discredit the Government of Sri Lanka where the greater credibilities rest with the LTTE as the guilty party and those who could have carried out this gangland style massacre of the Aid Workers who were part of French Action Against Hunger! So what are you implying by accusing the SL Armed Forces of this heinous massacre? A deliberately orchestrated massacre to discredit the LTTE? which is highly unlikely as it is the SL Armed Forces that deserve the credibility towards non culpability by virtue of their legitimate status in Sri Lanka and the intelligence of their leadership whose executions of campaigns are honorable and forthwith and always with an effort to maintain Military decorum where all the evidence points to the LTTE whose hallmark it is to carry out this type of cowardly massacre with their most uncouth, murderous reputation to moot!

What is your objective in attempting to compromise the integrity of the Sri Lankan armed forces and hence the Government of Sri lanka by these accusations of yours which have no basis at all towards confirmation? Is is the anticipation perchance that you will most likely be ignominiously kicked out of the Sri lankan Peace Effort which you well deserve for all the meddling you have done towards supporting the terrorist outfit the LTTE who are on their way out too ?

Item dated 30th August 2006 appearing in INFOLANKA NEWS

" COLOMBO (AFP) - Nordic truce monitors in Sri Lanka have said that government forces were responsible for the killing earlier this month of 17 local employees of the French charity Action Against Hunger. "

The Swedish-led monitors of a 2002 ceasefire also said in a statement Wednesday that Sri Lankan troops blocked their access to the northeast town of Muttur in a bid to conceal the mass killing.
"The killing of the 17 civilian aid workers in Muttur on the 4th of August 2006 is ruled as a gross violation of the ceasefire agreement by the Security Forces of Sri Lanka," the monitors said.

The statement said chief monitor Ulf Henricsson had confidential discussions with "highly reliable sources" about those responsible for the killings.

"The views have not proved contradictory and the security forces of Sri Lanka are widely and consistently deemed to be responsible for the incident.

"Taking into consideration the fact that the security forces had been present in Muttur at the time of the incident, it appears highly unlikely to blame other groups for the killings."

The killing of the aid workers in Muttur in northeast Sri Lanka came during a spike in tit-for-tat attacks between the rebels and the government that has left the ceasefire in tatters. At least 1,500 people have been killed in fighting since December.

The Sri Lankan government had ordered an investigation into the killings and called in Australian forensic experts to assist with the probe.

The rebel Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam blamed the government for the deaths. The government in turn accused the rebels.

Troops and Tamil Tiger rebels fought fierce battles in mid-August around Muttur, forcing around 42,000 civilians to flee to avoid being caught in the crossfire.

The aid workers were killed "execution-style" according to those who saw their bodies several days after the killing.

There was no immediate comment from the government.



BACK TO LATEST NEWS

DISCLAIMER

Copyright 1997-2004 www.lankaweb.Com Newspapers Ltd. All rights reserved.
Reproduction In Whole Or In Part Without Express Permission is Prohibited.